Who should book a session?
This experience is for you if you can relate to one or more of these sentences:
- You are tired, stressed out, fatigued, frazzled, overworked or exhausted.
- You feel you haven't been living up to your full potential.
- You are bored, apathetic and resigned but know you should make positive changes in your life.
- You've lost some of the passion and mad fury that once kept you moving forward in pursuit of your goals.
- You've been feeling cynical or pessimistic and are ready for a new frame of mind.
- You need a cathartic release to free yourself from the weight of pent-up stress.
- You need new inspiration and a dose of positivity.
- You want to treat yourself to a mental and physical upgrade.
- You're ready to gift yourself more love.
- You want to evolve.
What are the benefits of a session?
- reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- access "the flow state" (optimal state of consciousness)
- increase feelings of well-being and vitality
- reprogram negative patterns & outdated personal stories
- calm the nervous system
- gain new perspectives
- increase circulation and enhance sleep
- boost the immune system
- optimize performance and improve focus
- increase neuroplasticity
- release trauma and trapped emotions
- cultivate intuition and deeper self-awareness
- accelerate personal growth
Why did you create The Alucinari Project?
Here are some statistics about the state of the modern world that made us realize how much people need help:
- Stress is a factor in five out of the six leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, stroke, lower respiratory disease, and accidents. (CDC)
- 77% of people regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress. (The American Institute of Stress)
- The number of people suffering from depression and/or anxiety has increased by nearly 50% between 1990 and 2013. (WHO)
- Depression is the leading cause of disability around the world. (WHO)
- 75% of people think they are not living up to their creative potential. (Adobe Data)
- 71% of American workers are disengaged. The average business spends less than 5% of their day in a flow state. (Gallup)
How should I prepare for a session?
For best results please abstain from alcohol for 24 hrs prior to your session. When you're clear headed and full of energy, you'll receive the greatest benefits from the experience.
What should I wear to a session?
Yoga / workout clothes / sweat pants / cozy socks / a sweater are all good options. Layers are recommended as body temperatures can tend to fluctuate during a session.
What should I bring to a session?
Your curiosity, an open mind and no expectations.
What is tarot?
Tarot is a tool that uses classic archetypes and iconography to reveal truths about the human experience. It is a lens to help us explore our own individual patterns and stories from a new perspective. By reflecting upon the symbolism of the cards in relation to our own lives, we can discover new insights for personal growth and transformation. Tarot cards originated in Milan in the mid-15th century, and have been consulted by cultures around the world for roughly 600 years. We use the cards to set the intent for the experience and give you new ideas to contemplate as you're guided through the session.
What is breathwork?
This breathing technique is an active, guided meditation that clears the body of stuck energy and releases suppressed emotions. Breathwork is a cathartic and psychedelic experience that allows us to tap into a deeper level of the subconscious to reveal inner truths and shine light on that which has been hidden or buried deep within us. Conscious breathing is a doorway to our intuition. This technique is proven to reduce anxiety and lower blood pressure. After a session, participants report feeling lighter, less burdened, more open, and with a new sense of clarity about how to move forward in their lives.
What is a sound bath?
Sound has been used since the beginning of time as a tool to promote emotional and physical health. A sound bath is truly a full mind and body tune-up. Our minds naturally respond to the rhythm of a steady sound wave by synchronizing brainwave frequencies, aligning both hemispheres of the brain, and downshifting our consciousness from a state of normal waking (beta) into relaxation (alpha) and meditation (theta) in a process called entrainment. Our bodies, which are composed of 60% water, also respond to sound waves, becoming a conductor for the vibrations emitted from the different resonant instruments we’ve chosen based on their rich harmonics, resonance and complex overtones. A 32” Paiste symphonic gong is at the heart of this meditative experience. This powerful instrument soothes the nervous system, improves mood, stimulates circulation, reduces stress and depression levels, and release physical tension. Listeners often report feeling as if they’ve traveled through space and time simply by lying in front of the gong.
What is reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese system of gentle hands-on healing for improved physical and mental health. This ancient technique activates the immune system, promotes the flow of energy through the body, unblocks stagnation, relieves stress, lowers fatigue, reduces depression, increases life force, and enhances feelings of peace, harmony and relaxation. A full treatment includes twenty hand positions to recalibrate the body to its natural state of balance. Reiki is often used as a complementary therapy in hospitals and health care systems, and has been proven to relieve suffering from both major and minor ailments. Reiki can be used to help treat existing problems and prevent future illnesses or imbalances. Recent studies have documented the emotional and physical benefits of human touch; it is fundamental to communication and bonding. The science of touch shows that when we experience supportive human contact, our bodies release the hormone oxytocin, which decreases the stress hormone cortisol, lowers blood pressure and heart rates, and helps us to feel connected, calm and compassionate. It’s important that we interact with people on this basic physical level to stay healthy and happy.
What is an Amethyst BioMat?
The Amethyst BioMat™ is a unique, FDA-approved high-tech system that emits negative ions and Far Infrared Rays. This amethyst-lined device produces deep penetrating light energy and heat which activate the immune system to heal the body on a molecular level. The BioMat helps reduce anxiety, balance the stress hormone called cortisol, relax muscles, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, increase blood and lymph circulation, decrease acidity and balance the body’s ph, improve sleep, and increase energy levels. Simply lying on this warming mat promotes a sense of calm, enhancing mood, and adjusting imbalances on the cellular level.
What are the different brainwaves and how is my consciousness altered by a session?
The brain is an electrochemical organ that emits pulses at different frequencies and amplitudes of electrical activity. One brainwave state tends to dominate at any given time, directly corresponding with what we are doing and feeling in that moment. Any process that changes your perception changes your brainwaves. Our minds are actively responding to the tools we're using in these sessions.
- Beta (14 to 20 hz) - Our normal state of consciousness when we're awake, alert and focused on logical or analytical thinking. Beta waves tend to be heightened when we experience stress, anxiety, and restlessness.
- Alpha (8 to 13 hz) - Occurs when we are daydreaming, imagining, and lightly meditating. Alpha waves become stronger and more regular when our eyes are closed. As we begin the breathwork and sound meditation, your brain will begin to shift down into this state after just four to six minutes.
- Theta (4 to 7 hz) "The Flow State" - Theta waves are the gateway to the subconscious mind. It is here where we discover suppressed parts of our psyche and are able to access high levels of creativity and inspiration. This frequency occurs in states of deep meditation; doing breathwork with eyes closed while listening to the gong shifts your mind into the theta frequency.
- Delta (5 to 3 hz) - The lowest and slowest frequency, which occurs primarily in states of deep sleep. You may temporarily drift off during a session and drop into the delta state, which helps your body to heal itself on a deeper level. REM (rapid eye movement) occurs as we begin dreaming.
What is your cancellation policy?
24 hours notice is required when cancelling or changing an appointment; the full cost of the session will be charged if you cancel or change within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
What happens if I'm not satisfied with the session?
If you're not satisfied with your session, we'll refund you in full. No questions asked.
to wander the mind
to expand perception